The Land Bank hires seasonal weed and trash abatement crews that mow grass and remove trash from vacant properties in Flint and Genesee County.
- In May, crews start sweeping the city of Flint, mowing grass and removing trash from all vacant properties - vacant houses, vacant buildings, and vacant lots. Crews will visit all vacant properties in Flint at least once a year.
- Vacant and blighted properties that are next to occupied properties are completely mowed.
- Mow strips are used for vacant and blighted properties that are not next to occupied properties.
- For properties in Flint, crews follow the schedule on the map to the left. The start dates provided are subject to change according to weather and property conditions.
- Land Bank crews also mow properties that are in its inventory outside of the city of Flint.
- Click here for the Land Bank Flint Area Mowing Plan.
See the updated 2021 mowing schedule** below or click here to download.